Thursday 25 March 2010

Trick or Treat?

Atheists in the Pulpit

In a new study co-authored by Daniel C. Dennett and Linda LaScola and funded by Tufts University preachers open up on their non-belief

“I went to college thinking Adam and Eve were real people. And I can remember really wrestling with that when my Old Testament professor was pointing out the obvious myths and how they came to be. And I kind of joked at the time that I prayed my way all the way to atheism. Because in the early days, it was wrestling with God; praying to God.”
continue reading the  Fascinating report here - pdf

.

2 comments:

  1. I stuck a link on this up on The Church of Jesus Christ Atheist, but didn't get much of a response... I think there are a lot of people within churches who do have a Humanist or Atheist (or even just non-believer) perspective, but they think they are alone. It's interesting to have this study, which gives a lot of useful pointers as to what is going on in people's heads, but what we really need are stats... Any ideas on how to achieve that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane
    I think Dan is going to do more work on this

    ReplyDelete